List of active policies
|MLC 3rd Party Notice||Third parties policy||All users|
At MiX Telematics we take your privacy very seriously. In order to provide access to the MiX Learning Center we must collect and store some personal information about you. This
people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which
we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Who can I contact?
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to the MLC Privacy Officer, MiX Telematics, Blaauklip Office Park 2, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa. Alternatively, you can telephone +27 (0)21 880-5670 during office hours in South Africa .
What is collected?
We collect information from you on the MLC website which is accessible from the URL: https://training.mixtelematics.com.
The information collected includes your:
personal information such as your name, contact details and, if you provide this, the details of your current employer;
usage of the MLC website such as the activities, resources, users and courses you interact with;
course completion information, which may include grades for activities that you may or may not submit;
record of attendance or non-attendance of courses that require personal interactive contact sessions;
Some information collected about your use of site is automated, such as calculating your grade for a course or which IP address is used to access an activity or resource on the site, or to process you information for a legitimate (and legal) purpose.
How is this information used?
The information collected on the MiX Learning Centre is primarily used to provide you with access to the courses and content hosted on the site for which you are eligible to access, but may also be used to:
inform you of contributions to community discussions and forums;
carry out any contractual obligations arising from you or your employer's relationship with MiX Telematics to which you have consented;
maintain training records, usually with OpenBadge technology, for compliance, regulatory or auditing purposes;
personalize your user experience on the website or any communications to you;
gather statistical information about the usage of this site to improve the site and services we provided on the MiX Learning Centre website .
Who is my data shared with?
Your information is not sold or rented to third-parties outside of MiX Telematics, but we may be obliged to provide your information to:
your employer, arising out of your employer's contractual relationship with MiX Telematics to which you have consented;
an employee of MiX Telematics, or any of its subsidiaries for a legitimate purpose to provide you or your employer with a service arising out of a contractual obligation with MiX Telematics;
How long is my data stored?
- Your personal course information, such as activity completion grades etc, are stored for three years after your unenrolment from a course or a course is closed, whichever comes first. Once this time is elapsed the information is anonymized and used for statistical and research purposes.
- Any badges you earn on MLC are never deleted to allow for their authentication in future. The personal information stored in badges is encrypted and is independent from your MLC profile.
- After a period of three years inactivity on MLC we will e-mail you and allow you an opportunity to retain your profile, submit an information request, or delete your account. If we don't hear back from you within two weeks of this notification
your profile will be deleted.
- You can download all your data stored on this website from your profile page. You will also be able to delete your profile, unless you are a MiX Telematics employee (this is an irreversible action and all your data will be lost, including completion and badge hashes).
How is my information kept secure and where is it kept?
- MiX Learning Centre's data and the web-server that serves the site is in Germany, hosted in secure data center by our upstream hosting providers.
- MiX Telematics has put in place contractual agreements that safeguard your privacy and data protection rights with these providers.
- It may be
necessary to move or transfer your data into or out of the European Economic Area and South Africa to provide the services
described above or to share your information to a party with a
- You are required to change your MLC password every three months for secrity and data protection legislation purposes. We will remind you to do this two weeks before it expires.
- We strive to provide and maintain your data on a secure platform in line with industry related standards to safeguard your data. We conduct regular security and compliance audits and regularly update the software used to provide you with a service
on this website.
How do I withdraw my consent for MiX Learning Center ?
How do I request that my personal data is corrected or erased?
You may make corrections to your basic profile information by logging into https://training.mixtelematics.com/
editing your own profile. If you have questions, or would like any
other data to be corrected or erased, you can submit a request to the data protection officer from your user profile page.
Who is responsible for the information processed or provided in a course?
The course teacher, the Regional Training Administrator of the Information Officer. The Learning Center Staff provide a servcies to these entities and are indemnified from any negligent or malitious actions from any other party, save for when when they have a duty to prevent these from occurring. Furthermore the Deputy Information Officer, or any person who becomes aware of a data breach, is mandated by law to report the breach to the Information Regulator or equivelant in addition to the Information Officer.
So that MLC can focus on what we do best, we partner with third parties who we believe are the best in their field. When we do this, sometimes it is necessary for us to share your data with third parties in order to provide you with a seamless MLC experience. Your data is shared only when the third party is as committed to protecting your privacy as we are and only when strictly necessary.
Here are the details of our third-party service providers, what data they process on our behalf and why we need to share some of your data with them (and in some cases information about you that they share with us) to provide you with our service:
This is our upstream hosting provider. They have access to your data for ad-hoc diagnostic purposes and to assist us by keeping this site up and stable as we share knowledge across the globe. You can read more about how this third party protects your privacy here.
To make logging in to MLC as easy as possible, we provide students with the ability to login to our site using their credentials from their Microsoft Account. Only those students that make use of this feature are affected. You can read more about how this provider protects your privacy here.
The MLC app is provided by an industry leader in Learning management systems. Moodle HQ staff cannot access any of your imformation. To provide notifications on your device a tool called "Airnotifier" is used by the app. You can read more about how this provider protects your privacy here.
Only Users that are participating in the skillsXchange programme may have their data processed for testing purposes, to which you have concented to. You can read how this organisation protects your data here, and what thier policy is on protecting your personal information.
you have questions about these third party processors and our relationship with them, you can contact the MLC data protection team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MiX Telematics, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website
visitors. We abide by the GDPR, Data Protection Act and POPIA to protect information
about our clients. By using the MLC website, you consent to the
collection and use of information collected via cookies by MiX Telematics.
What is a 'Cookie?'
What information does our 'cookie' collect?
- Keep you logged into the site as you move from page to page,
- Allows us to identify you and serve personalised content to you, such as your own information.
How long is the information your cookie provides stored?
Depending on what we use the cookie for it is stored for one of the following time periods:
- For as long as you are logged in we store your IP address and your login 'fingerprint' to keep you logged in.
- For as long as you have consented us to keep your personal information, or;
- For up to three years before your information is anonomized and used for statistical purposes.
Who else can access the 'cookie'?
For as long as you are logged in your cookie is stored on your browser and other websites may use it, for what ever reason they choose to use it according to their policies. We do try to ensue this doesn't happen, but not all sites are as transparent about their cookie use. If you aren't comfortable with that you can use our site on a browser that supports "private" modes, or block cookies all together (you'll need to login every time you click a link on our site as a consequence).